Chicago in May: Things to Do
Updated July 2, 2017
Musical May at Logan Theatre means screenings of your favorite musicals including Grease, The Wizard of Oz and West Side Story.
May 1: Pair music and visual art at Fonema Consort at Constellation
Have some frozen margarits or tequila at Duck Inn Chicago for Cinco de Quatro. There will be a magician and unlimited Mexican-inspired cuisine to pair with your drinks.
Alternatively, Star Wars fans can celebrate the Force on the 4th at Emporium Wicker Park.
Apparently the 4th is a popular night for movies - it's also the next date for Chicago's Movieoke trivia at The Whistler.
Saturday, May 7th: Mikkeller Running Club meets at Northdown Taproom
May 7th Chicago Beer Classic at Soldier Field:
- 48 two-ounce samples
- A Chicago Beer Classic signature tasting cup
- New, local, and limited-release beers on the grass of Soldier Field
- 30 Chicago-based breweries, identified by the beloved Chicago flag
- Direct, field tunnel access – feel like part of the team!
- A fully-loaded pretzel necklace making experience
- Games and activities
- Interactive beer education throughout the festival
May 14, Oath Day at Solemn Oath Naperville
May 15th, Andersonville Wine Walk, shop from local artists and enjoy wine in Andersonville
Sunday, May 22nd, Battle of the Brewers Dodgeball Tournament at Goose Island Barrel House 2pm - 6pm
- Featuring Specialty Beer Tappings
- Tickets $25 (100% of the proceeds to Special Olympics). Includes 5 beer tokens.
May 27 - 29, Mole de Mayo
May 28-29, Live music at the Belmont Sheffield Music Festival